This week is quite significant. I am officially leaving the world of bread.
For the last two and a half years , I have worked (in marketing) for Tip Top, Australia’s largest bread company. Whilst I will be continuing my marketing career, I am leaving the world of crumbs, carbs and crusts for the design industry. In 10 days, I will start working at Indesign (http://www.indesignlive.com)….I can’t wait.
For the last two years I have immersed myself into the world of bread, muffins, crumpets, pikelets, wraps, pizza bases. Upon saying goodbye, I will simultaneously be shedding tears…and with no more taste testing sessions…probs a kilo or two!
Things I will miss
* I will miss the taste testing (complete with the inevitable 3pm carb-coma).
* I will miss the brainstorming sessions for new innovations; notably our new idea of ‘muff-nuts’ (Get your mind out of the gutter – I’m talking about, half muffin, half donuts…ofcourse!)
* I will miss having bread always at hand – never have I once been hungry in this place.
Things I will NOT miss
* I will not miss the 3pm ‘bread rampage’ – When the ‘bread room’ opens….(See for picture). You would think that room stores Gold Bullions. People go crazy. People go nuts.
* My face nearly got stepped on last week…don’t worry I came out with the last pack of Pikelets. Mission accomplished.
* I will not miss bread lingo – mouthfeel, crumb structure and worst of all ‘m_i_st” (my worst word ever)
In memory of all the good times here, I’ve rounded up some cool toaster designs.
I should have copyrighted my idea! I promise you – I always wondered why toasters aren’t transparent.
I also always wonder, why there is a ‘Dark’ option. Who actually likes burnt toast?
(Image via Oddee)
Gorgeous Mint Green toaster. Although…don’t know whether I can justify paying $319 for it.
(Image via Dualit)
This toaster incorporates a little message board where one can write quick notes. You can scribe notes on the message board over the toaster, and the message gets “toasted” onto the toast itself. Its created by designer Sasha Tseng.
(Image via Yanko Design)
Like to eat toast whilst listening to the morning news – look no further…the radio alarm clock.
(Image via Oddee)
How cool (or should I say ‘toasty’) is this project? A massive mural created out of 3500 pieces of toast. Total work of art.
(Image via likecool.com)
(Image via Pinterest)
For all the Doctors & Grey’s anatomy fans out there – A toaster that is a defibrillator.
I’ve got 1 week off before I start my new job…I think I will just ‘loaf’ around at home. Who know’s where the future of my career lies – I am just going to ‘roll’ with it! D’ough! I promised myself NO Bread Puns.
Hope I haven’t ‘spelt’ anything wrong.
Ok, I’m done.
Apologies for my lameness.